Monday, June 20, 2011

Weekend Reflections pt. 2

Took Caryn to the drag show at Funtheque above the Ship in Jalan Bukit Bintang, KL last Saturday for her 21st Birthday. Had loads of fun drinking electric blue cocktails and laughing to the lewd jokes of our hostess for the evening, but somehow watching other people performing on stage always gives me the little pang of envy in my heart, that they are so happily doing what I used to do, what once drove my every waking moment. But then I look to my side and see all that I now have instead and realise, that I wouldn't give it up for anything, not for all the stage time in the world, not even if I could somehow do it all over, erase my mistakes and "make it" in the "biz". I guess there are just some things which seem really important at the time which you must eventually let go when other, new important things come in the way. After all, a caterpillar needs to give up much of itself to eventually become a butterfly. ... right?


Exuent Stage right.

No comments: