Sunday, June 12, 2011

Up in the Trees

Hey guys!

It's been approximately two months and twenty days and I believe we are finally beginning to sink into the traps of normalcy and comfort. But really, I don't feel like isn't a bad thing. I mean, I've always wanted to know what it feels like to be normal... to just live a normal life, not waking up everyday and worrying if I will be alone or not, not stepping out of the house wondering if there would be anyone for me to have lunch with. I know, these things sound trivial but really, they aren't. It's just the small and simple things that are so easily taken for granted that if I just step back and look at, will realise that if this was the last day of my life, it would be these few seconds  that I will cherish as though they were my first. It sort of makes sense, I suppose, in an idiosyncratic way. Now I'm not sure if I even used that word; "idiosyncratic" correctly. But anyways, I digress.

This week has been one of the most tiring weeks for me - although in retrospect I would think that the authorship assignment was way tougher - so perhaps it wasn't after all. Then again, this week is pretty activity packed though, if I do say so myself. I mean re-writing and entire chapter's worth of research to be completed in less than a day's time where it will be presented to the scrutiny and ever appraising eye of Dr. Andrew is not something I look forward to particularly... in fact, it is not something I look forward to at all. But you know its just one of those things that have to be done. Like swinging through the trees, maybe this is just one of those things, you know... one of those things that feel scarier before you actually try them! Speaking of swining through the treetops though...

WAAAAAAAA~

YEAH!!! Pretty cool no? This was act Skytrex actually which is this place located in Bukit Cahaya, somewhere in Shah Alam... I'm not exactly sure where but I'm sure you can google map it, and what's so cool about it is that you get to grapple among the canopy of the trees like a monkey... or one of those blue people from AVATAR,  I suppose... which is quite cool! Seriously though, its a whole other world up there, the canopy and you realise how clumsy and vulnerable you are compared to the other creatures that call it their home. Like seriously, I thought it was so ironic that I would be clinging on to my cable for dear life, praying to Goddess that the carabiners hold when these little flying lizards were just gliding here and there, from branch to branch. If there was one word I had to use to describe my feelings it was probably awe.... or jealousy. Possibly the latter.

Super flying NINJA DRAGON LIZARD!!!!! 
Seriously though, everything was really avatar up there!!! Flying lizards, small 'feathered' bugs that parachute to safety the moment you got too close! I'll even bet my torn RM50 note that most of those plants and animals would exhibit some form of bioluminesence should you come visit the park at night! Of course, there were regular animals also...

Ray's favourite...RABBITS!!!

No comments: