Thursday, March 22, 2012

Mysterious Larva pt. 2 ~ Silk and Hair

Hey ya'll

I write in with some updates on the "Mysterious Larva" we found on the walkway at Sunway several days ago. 


Well, my suspicions were proven true once again and we opened the container today to find that it had spun for itself a beautiful silken cocoon. Like many other furry lepidoptera, the hairs seem to have been incorporated into the cocoon structure itself.



What did I tell you? Isn't that the cutest looking ball of silk you've ever seen? Meanwhile I really love it how some moths spin cocoons like these! It reminds me of that scene in Godzilla vs. Mothra when the larval Mothra spun a cocoon just like this one alongside the Tokyo tower!!! In the meantime, I suppose there is really nothing left to do but wait!!! The caterpillar/cocoon is rather large so I suppose the adult moth might be pretty huge as well!!! Stay tuned for pictures and updates.

Cheers,
Cyren

No comments: