Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It's All Crabby at Bagan Lalang

Hey guys!

Decided to take a short break today and head down for a bit to the beach. The beach in mention was no other than Bagan Lalang beach which is situated somewhere in Sepang, not too far from the Kuala Lumpur International Airport I was told and while I must say that I have seen better beaches out there, the one at Bagan Lalang was not completely terrible or anything like that.

Digging for crabs
But what the beach lacked in loose white-sands and crystal blue waters, it certainly didn't lack in wildlife and we had quite a time chasing down and digging for all manners of crabs, clams, sea-snails and small shrimp-like creatures. I didn't have nets or a pail or anything like that so most of them I released almost immediately after catching. Check out some of our catches!

This little crab was extremely animated and kept waving its front claws in a menacing fashion!


And check out this tiny hermit crab that looked so fragile I was almost scared to pick it up! I actually like hermit crabs a lot and have reared them even on occasion but those were land hermit crabs and extremely finicky with their environment.
So I'd say, all in all it was a pretty good day. The vendors around were polite enough and the food was surprisingly cheap for those being sold at what was clearly a tourist destination, thronging with the multitudes of visitors enjoying their public holiday. The wind was even strong enough that we managed to fly a kite! Anyway I'll be doing a lot of travelling lately so the updates and the photos may not be coming as often as they are but I will try! In the meantime ~ Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!

Its a bird! It's a plane! No, it's a KITE!


No comments: