Monday, October 24, 2011

Pins and Needles 28 ~ Butterflies from Bukit Bandaraya

Hey ya'll

just going to keep things short this time round. Nothing much to report on this front actually except for a rather 'rare' butterfly I found today... but that can wait for its own pins and needles post, I suppose (check back in a week's time)...and two of my atlas moth pupae seem to be duds but on the bright side, it appears that I shall be having another magnificent birdwing on the way (maybe tomorrow... though, I would not be able to stick around for it to emerge on account of a very important consultation session with Dr. A...) ANYWAY, the butterflies from Bukit Bandaraya, Shah Alam...

Precis orithya wallacei (male)
Precis orithya wallacei (female)
Precis orithya wallacei (variant, male)
Danaus vulgaris macrina
Neptis hyalas mamaja
Spindasis syama terana
Eurema hecabe contubernalis
Mycalesis mineus macromalyana
Which pretty much concludes the butterfly-list of Bukit Bandaraya, Shah Alam. Not to say that there aren't other species of butterflies fluttering about that area but rather, that these were the only ones I managed to net. I did see a rather beautiful and magnificent Papilio demolion though, and it's what I have got my sights set on currently. Meanwhile, Ray contributed to this round of collecting as well... 

Appias libythea (female)
Would you believe me if I said that last night I actually dreamt that I was a butterfly? It was pretty, for sure, but also very chaotic... try seeing a billion miniature copies of things at one time, also that colour seems...inverted somehow. Compound eyes... not my thing...

No comments: