Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pins and Needles 26 ~ Ray's Contributions


Hey ya'll!!! 

I know, I know it's been ages since my last update and I truly have so much to say today! The trouble with putting of posting something because you wish to wait for a 'better date' is that something almost always inevitably comes up! Eitherway, and as excited as I am about writing about the other thing, I suppose it will just have to wait because I really couldn't thank Ray more for his contributions to my collection these days. One of the awesome things about having a partner whom you can trust is having someone to be your eyes, your ears, and your hands for you when you own appendages are, for whatever purpose, indisposed. 




Eitherway, besides these general pictures of the spread and unspread specimens, I've also managed to find the time to snap their pictures individually and, with the help of our dear friend Khalid Fadil, identified every single one of them (correctly, I hope!) 

Euploea core


Polyura delphis

Trogonoptera brookiana albescens

Amatusia phiddipus

Papilio Iswara

Ideopsis gaura perakana

Doleschallia bisaltide

Neoriina lowii
And last, but most certainly not least, the elusive and equally stunning Indian-Leaf butterfly. It is truly amazing, how many ways evolution can make an animal look like a dead leaf or twig.

Kalima inachus
Anyway, trusty partner and I managed to make a trip to the Cameron Highlands just yesterday and during some of the leisure time there managed to procure quite a large and impressive number of specimens, not least are my personal favorites of the papillionidae family - the elegant swallowtails and majestic birdwing butterflies!!! But more on that later.

1 comment:

hkmoths said...

just curious... what type of pins are you using (brand), please - are they Japanese entomological pins?