Thursday, May 31, 2012

SOS: Save our Swallowtails!!!


Hey ya'll!!!

From the looks of it, it seems that the swallowtails are back in season again right now so to those of you who have gardens, do expect to find their caterpillars chomping down on your citrus plants!!! Just in case you do not know, the caterpillars come in two forms depending on their developmental stage (which is caled an instar) and either resemble brown and white lizard/bird poop, or green wormy things that look not unlike the Poke'mon "Caterpie"! Anyway, if you are the squeamish type, or the kind of feel very strongly that these little guys are pests that need to be gotten rid off... STAY YOUR HAND FOR A MOMENT and put that Ridsect back under the sink!!! Give me a shout instead! If you are from around the Kuala Lumpur or Klang Valley area, I promise, I'll do my best to get to you as soon as I can to collect and raise these (to me) precious babies to adulthood! I know that not all of us can appreciate caterpillars for what they are (and I suppose it IS understandable!) but I'm pretty sure that most of us can still appreciate the beauty and importance of the adult butterfly! 



So remember... if you find any, you may reach me here. Just drop me a shoutout in the comments. If it was a friend that told you about the caterpillars, please forward them my Facebook account (which can be accessed from the badge on the right hand corner of this blog) or my email, which is "cyrenwong89@gmail.com". Alternatively, if you are interested in raising them yourselves so that you (or your kids) can witness this miracle of nature but do not feel confident about it, please do write in to ask for advice as I am more than willing to share my knowledge!!! Anything to spread the love, right?

Finally, if you are a blogger and if you own a blog, I would much appreciate it if you can help me re-blog, retweet and/or share this post so that we can all work together to save our swallowtails. 




Swallowtail raising cage
It's a Slumber Party!!!

Cheers,
Cyren.

No comments: