Saturday, May 26, 2012

Love Story


Hey ya'll 

It's not easy to find someone to love. Or rather, it's not easy to find someone who loves you back. Doesn't matter what your gender is, or your sexual orientation. You can be a homosexual, bisexual, transgender, heterosexual, pansexual or asexual for all anyone cares, love ain't easy. Some people say that everyone has someone for them out there. A soulmate. A complementing half that makes you whole. I think think it's one of those random things, though. One of those moments that happen entirely by chance. Like being there at the precise moment a baby bird opens its eyes, or climbing down the mountain and seeing two rainbows at once. Everybody's heard of it. Everybody somehow wishes to experience it. But it does not necessarily happen to everybody.

Falling in love with somebody is relatively easy. Having affections toward an object. It's just something that you do. But finding someone who loves you back, who is as devoted to you as you are to them. Who would give you their heart, their world, in the same way that you have given them your's. Someone whom you can trust to catch you. Even when you've blind folded yourself and jumped off a cliff... that's something difficult to find. Some people say that every person should stand on their own. That they should be independent. That they should not ever fully fall into someone else's arms. While there is a lot of merit in these words of wisdom, the romantic in me cannot help but wonder if this is truly because there exists an underlying code of conduct. One that that is so embedded in our system that it seems almost "natural". Or if it is simply because not everyone has had that moment, that improbable moment of chance when things happen in such a way that two equally devoted individuals meet each other?

I believe in love. I believe that it can happen. I am not disillusioning myself to believe that it will happen to everyone... or indeed, that anyone will ever have a say in whether or not it happens, but I do believe that it is possible. I know there are probably some of you reading this right now who may be a little skeptical about the entire concept, and I respect that. And of course, trust does not happen overnight. But when it does... there's really nothing quite like it. So today, and for every other day for as long as I live, I will always look back at this past year and remember it as the time of my life when I knew for certain that there was a person who would do anything for me. When I could blindfold myself, and jump.




Dedicated to that special someone. Thank you. 

Fluttering together, for one year, two months, and three days.
Cyren.

No comments: