Monday, March 7, 2011

The Graduation Date Cometh

Hey guys

I don't really like those events in human life which mark certain things. Take my upcoming graduation ceremony, for instance. I mean sure it is fun in some ways, you get to dress up, attend this big song and dance, sit for a couple of hours or so until the guy finally calls your name and you can walk up and recieve, in paper for, the culmination of three years of hard work, but in my opinion it also seems like a huge hassle (plus a lot of money spent) for something that is in itself virtually pointless. Looking at the people around me, my peers, my family now I wish I had more room for excitement as they did, but really... it's just difficult. I mean there are so many billion guys out there, probably graduating at the same time as I am... probably with the same degree and for what? You know, a lot of people don't understand what I like so much in observing insects... but maybe in part it is their simplicity which attracts me. Then again, there exists the conundrum because attraction (as such which I experience for them) cannot be attained without some sort of complexity which explains why an ant can't take sudden interest in a human. Maybe I'm just getting more and more cynical with my old age. Maybe its the fact that I'll still be around for another year in University for my Honours. Or... maybe its just the part of me that doesn't want to graduate. Coming to think of it, I'm missing my student years already. And they're not even over yet.


rant. over.

No comments: