Monday, November 7, 2011

Pins and Needles 29 ~ OH Rhinoceros!!!

Hey ya'll

it's been quite a while hasn't it? Since my last update... but really I've been so immersed with everything that's been going on the past few days I ... I just really don't have as much time for insects as I used to. Meanwhile here I was thinking I would be done with my thesis on time and now it seems like I've hit a snag in the road instead. It is really quite demotivating, but I know it will all work out for the better. Like I always say, quitting is never an option! Meanwhile the OTHER thing that's going on has only reminded me why people should agree to disagree more often... would solve a lot of global conflicts it would .What's it to you if someone doesn't share your belief. Now you could be a bigot, a racist, a sexist or an ethnic supremacist for all I care... just keep those horrible things deep down... hidden, where it can fester as a mental illness and leave everyone else the heck alone. It is really quite annoying when I can't pick up the newspaper and not flip through a dozen things going wrong with the world before I can get to the comics. But enough of the depressing stuff... check out this gorgeous guy

He is some kind of a rhinoceros beetle (O. rhinoceros) , I think. You can't really tell from here but if you tip him sideways you can see his cute little horn. I'm... really not that good with beetles.
Also, laying out to dry, currently are a motley collection of butterflies waiting to be boxed and displayed. Will update you all on that the moment I have the time to take them all out and identify them one by one. In the meantime, wish me luck for my thesis yo!!!! 

No comments: