Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Evolution or Intelligent Design?

Oh my throat is sooo sore I'm not even kidding! It feels like I swallowed a bucket of acid and then someone sprinkled salt on the remains and then the smell attracted little ants, the tiny red ones which started eating my throat from the inside out! That's how bad it is and I won't be surprised if that's really going on in there! See that's why I love writing, you never have to open your mouth to say a thing...just perfect! But you know what else is new? This new documentary on Butterflies by Illustra Media



Okay so I don't quite agree with some of the things said here and I think that Illustra Media is just using everyone's favourite insect, The Butterfly as a poster-boy for their Christian propoganda of Intelligent Design (no offence intended to Christians). Personally I've always been more of a Darwinian myself and although it is true that the sudden changes in the insects form during the life-cycle of a butterfly is far to sudden to constitute any form of evolution I believe (and I cannot say for sure because I am not a biologist myself) that evolutionary biologists study the evolution of organisms as a whole, and not the individual stages of the organism's physiological maturity! Indeed Intelligent Design will insist that everythign was created in the dawn of time the way they are now and forever more... slightly far fetched even for someone like me in the light of fossil evidence, DNA mapping and carbon dating... However, since I do consider myself rather open minded - and of course this IS a documentary about butterflies - I must say I will take a watch myself before deciding ultimately; Darwinian Evolution or Intelligent Design?

***Metamorphosis is scheduled to be released in 2011.***


i wonder why when people ask you "what three things would you bring with you on a desert island?" no one ever replies, "A BOAT." ... DUH!!!

1 comment:

Mama Mikhayl said...

i also cant wait to watch this...