Monday, May 23, 2011

Coping with Stress

Hey guys!

Just hitting ya'll up with a quickie from my work station!!! So, basically I never usually check my official Monash Email (or my other email... to be honest so if you really need to reach me urgently I'd suggest hitting me up on facebook or sending me a text cuz Goddess knows I carry my iPhone everywhere with me) and when I did I realized that our esteemed senior anthropologist Dr. Yeoh had just emailed to us the pictures from the Honours Seminar Series where I presented a few weeks ago. How awful it was to find out then that all the shots of me turned out pretty darn nasty and typically if I didn't look like I was about to go to bed it looked more like I was not paying attention or something. Sighs oh well... but there was this ONE shot that turned out pretty good though and I like how it seems like I'm musing over what Theresa is saying, so deep in my thoughts...
Cool right! And I also like it cuz its taken in my best lighting... semi, or dim. :P
So basically yeah, that's pretty much all in a day's work for me over here... that and, of course, writing up the various chapters of my thesis and other papers that are demanded of me. But you would think that with all that stress I don't have much time to do other things for myself but the truth is, its all about not forgetting why you live your life. Work is inevitable, yes. I'm not saying don't do nothing at all... but rather, dont' forget why you work... to enjoy life. Really there's no point working ureself to death unless you're gonna get a kick out of it and what works for me is keeping my little pleasures close by. For me this is literally.

Artemis Cage
Look how big she's grown! With wing buds and everything!

But the most pleasure I get out of observing my little girl... is when she eats. She's a natural hunter, she is (hence the name Artemis) and I don't know what it is that's so therepeutic about watching her bite off the head of a struggling beetle or larvae... I guess its just the sadism in all of us. Anyway, that's all I got for now. Till next time. CIAO

No comments: