Thursday, August 30, 2012

Goodbye, my Honey Bee.

Hi all

I had the same dream again this morning. It was a little different. This time it ended with Honey and I holding each other, she nuzzled against my chin, me stroking her hair. She looked at me, gave me a kiss on the cheek and said once again in a mix of English and Chinese; "It's okay daddy. Baby pu yao." I got a call about 15 minutes later. It was Dr. Jenny. Honey had just taken her last breath. Surprisingly, I am holding up rather well. I suppose it was the uncertainty of her situation and the possibility of inadvertently prolonging her suffering that really got to me. I don't know if you are superstitious people, or if you believe that animals even have souls. But I know what I believe, and that is I have always had a very strong connection with my animal friends, what more a friend like Honey whose lived with me and done so many things with me. I really do believe that this recurring dream is a message of sorts. And through that I have found my closure.

My dearest Honey bee, I wish I could tell you again how much I love you. Or that I could stroke your head and tickle your ears just one more time. But I guess it is time for you to go to the Goddess. We may never meet again, but I will feel you now everywhere; in the air that fills my lungs, in the soft wind that ruffles my hair, in every blade of grass that cushions my step, in every flower that brightens my sight. I love you, my sweet little honey bee. Goodbye.







1 comment:

Brittanie said...

Damn....This had my eyes burning.

I believe just like you that every single thing on this planet has a soul.....how could they not? They feel things like we do, maybe not in the exact same way but they do. And I'm convinced that they KNOW when they're loved so deeply and unconditionally.

Your Honey Bee is most definitely one of them. And in her own way let you know through dreams.

I always got the impression that she was spoiled rotten with you. And you talked about her and Cookie with so much love, like one would their own child and it makes me happy to know that they're people like you in this world that love God's little critters like you do. God bless you both.

I'm listening to something right now and I think it fits with this in a way....a certain Spider sang this to a certain Pig....

How very special are we For just a moment to be Part of life’s eternal rhyme
How very special are we To have on our family tree Mother Earth and Father Time
He turns the seasons around And so she changes her gown But they always look in their prime They go on dancing their dance Of every lasting romance Mother Earth and Father Time
The summer larks return to sing Oh what a gift they give Then autumn days grow short and cold Oh what a joy to live.........♥


How very special are we For just a moment to be Part of life’s eternal rhyme
How very special are we To have on our family tree Mother Earth and Father Time

We love you Honey Bee